PLASTERERS & CEMENT MASONS
Joint Apprenticeship Committee
4241 W. Oquendo Road
Las Vegas, NY 89118
Fax (702) 891-5237
Nature of Work - Plasterer:
Plasterers apply plaster mixtures to interior walls and ceilings to provide a smooth, durable abrasion-resistant finish. On exterior walls, plasterers install prefabricated exterior insulation systems over existing walls-for good insulation and interesting architectural effects-and cast ornamental designs in plaster. Plasterers may also apply durable plasters, such as polymer-based acrylic finishes or stucco, to exterior surfaces.
Nature of Work - Cement Mason:
Cement masons level and finish concrete. They also may stamp and/or color (stain) concrete surfaces; expose aggregate (small stones) in walls and sidewalks; or patch imperfections to a smooth surface on any concrete-made surface. Work is performed both inside and outside environments.
Physical Demands (Both Trades):
Physically demanding and challenging work. Must be in good physical shape to perform this type of work; strong back, shoulders, and knees a must.
Benefits Under Union:
Starting wages are 50% of Journeyperson wages. Benefits include health and welfare (medical, dental, vision), pension, and vacation fund.
Three year college accredited program consisting of a minimum of 144 classroom hours per year. In addition, 5000 hours of on-the-job training where students earn periodic pay increases throughout duration of apprenticeship.
Applicants must meet the following requirements
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must posses a valid drivers' license at time of selection.
- Must possess the natural aptitudes essential to acquiring the skills of the trade, as determined by prescribed aptitude tests.
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be willing to comply with all terms and conditions of the Plasterer's & Cement Masons' Apprenticeship Standards.
- Must complete Form I-9 at time of selection.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER