SHEET METAL WORKER
Sheet Metal Local #88
Joint Apprenticeship and Training Fund 2540 Marco Street
Las Vegas, NY 89115
(702) 632-3014 | Fax (702) 632-3018
Nature of Work:
Fabricates and installs ducts for heating and air conditioning systems in homes and buildings. Lays out,bends, cuts and performs all operations needed to form metal into the desired shapes. Also installs heating and air conditioning units, as well as ventilating equipment.
Medium work: Should be able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds; frequent lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds. Should be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, feel and see.
Base Wage for Trained Worker:
Commercial Journeyman: $31.95 per hour *
Commercial Apprentice: $45%-85% of joumeymans wage per hour.
* current to June 30, 2003
Benefits Under Union:
Medical, vision, dental, prescription plan, pension plans,(Local, International), 401K apprenticeship fund, industry promotion.
Both inside and outside, with exposure to excessive noise and vibration, which, if endured daily could cause bodily harm. The work varies considerably, depending upon the installation. Often the work is prepared in a shop and then carried to the job for installation. Must work from ladders and scaffolds, sometimes from awkward positions.
- Minimum office (5) years. (Night School)
- College Accredited Classes
- 8,000 hours of on the job training.
- 1,168 total minimum classroom hours in the apprentice program. Class consist of math, layout, fabrication, blueprint drawing and reading, welding, CADD, and various other classes.
Applications accepted in person the 1st Tuesday of Each Month.
Applicants must meet the following requirements.
- Be at lest 17 years of age.
- Possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D.*
- Possess a valid Drivers License.
- Provide copies of the following documents at the time of application:
a) Birth Certificate
b) High School Diploma or G.E.D.*
c) High School and College Grade Transcripts
d) Military Release Papers DD-214 (if applicable)
e) Proof of Previous Sheet Metal experience (if applicable)
- Pass a Basic Math and Readin Competency Exam administered by the Committee (applicant will be notified by mail as to date of testing).
- Appear before the J.A.c. board for an oral interview.
- Those applicants selected are subject to a Substance Abuse Test; and possession of a Valid Nevada's Driver License prior to being indentured into the apprenticeship program.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER